Now, I know we have previously accepted a Liebster Award and while it may seem strange that we have accepted another, we firmly believe that we have earnt this one, unlike the last. Last time we were nominated we had only been running our blog for a month and our Twitter a week. Throughout 2016 we believe our blog has evolved tremendously and has a lot more to say for itself.
So, we are excited to say that we have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Helen at The Bristolian Backpacker – Thank you!
How does it work? Well, the Liebster award is for newer or less high profile blogs to gain some recognition for their hard work and awesome content. Once you’ve accepted the award, you then answer 11 questions from the blog who nominated you. Find more people to give the award to, and give them 11 questions.
Our questions from The Bristolian Backpacker are:
1. Why did you decide to write your travel blog?
Both of us have had blogs in the past and we had been inspired to travel from watching travel vlogs and reading blogs. So when we decided to take the leap and start to plan our internal trip we decided why not keep in touch with family, provide our suggestions to other people looking to travel and hopefully inspire others.
2. Which place is at the top of your bucket list. Why?
At the moment on top of our bucket list is Finland, to see the northern lights and sleep in a glass igloo! Who doesn’t want to do that!!
3. What’s your favourite type of transport while travelling? Plane, boat, coach, hitch-hiking?
Taking a plane. Probably just for the convenience.
4. What’s the most adventurous things you’ve done while travelling?
We would love to say jumped out of a plane or claimed Mt.Kilimanjaro but we haven’t. Grace jumped off a boat into a blue lagoon, but thats about as ‘adventurous’ as we have gotten haha!
5. Do you prefer to travel on your own or with somebody?
With somebody (obviously, we have to say that haha!). We have never considered travelling on our own because we feel it is so much fun being able to share experiences with other people.
6. Where is your favourite place you’ve visited?
Probably our favourite place that we have visited so far would be New York City. Alice has been 3 times and Grace twice but we think we would always find something new to do there! We love the feel of the city and the vibrations that run through it. After writing our post on things to to in NYC we are dying to go back!!
7. Do you prefer planning or just going with the flow on a trip?
We prefer planning. It means we are able to get the most out of the places we visit and we enjoying researching from other blogs for the best places to visit and things to do that may not be on every tourists itinerary.
8. Hostels or hotels?
We would have to say hotels. We love the luxury of it all! After a long day of travelling it is so nice just to relax in your own room, in a comfy bed and prepare yourself for the next day.
9. Who is the most interesting person you’ve met while travelling?
When we were on a road trip on the West Coast of America with our family we got lost whilst trying to find one of our hotels. Because it was so late by this point, our Uncle got out of the car to ask for directions in a shop. He came back with a woman in a short skirt who said she was going to ‘show him how to get to his hotel’. When she opened the door to the car and saw two other adults and three children her face dropped (we think she was a sex worker). We started driving and she turned to our Auntie and told her that she looked like Princess Diana and then continued talking to us about England. We hadn’t even driven three blocks before the woman asked to be let out the car. It was a strange evening.
10. What’s the longest time you’ve ever been away from home?
We haven’t spent a long time away from home due to school/ work. I think the longest we have been away is 2 weeks, but we would love to do some longer trips in the future.
11. What have you learnt from travelling?
Everywhere has a history and everywhere has something to offer.
Our nominations for the Liebster Award:
Bohemiance – A blog all about student travel, which is something that we both we wished we had when we were students! Her travel tips for students include how to save up money to travel and how you can travel on a student budget! Super intriguing!
The Nerdventurists – We have followed Kristina and Sora’s blog for a while now and love what they post, being nerds at heart ourselves. We can’t wait to hear about your time in Korea Kristina!!
Other highly recommended blogs that we love:
The Red Phone Box – Tanja is one of the most lovley people. She is the person to go to for anything about Croatia, Europe or London! We hope you enjoyed your latest trip to London Tanja!
Wandering Donut – Dana has such a unique blog and we love it! She has a tonne of travel tips including the Europe Grad trip which we hear is a right of passage in Australia!
Our questions to our nominees are:
- What has been your favourite adventure you have ever taken?
- Have you ever been anywhere that has not lived up to your expectations?
- What is your favourite travel quote?
- If you were to show someone around your hometown where would you take them?
- What is at the top of your bucket list?
- Tell us about your funniest travel story?
- Who or what inspired you to travel?
- What is your perfect travel outfit?
- Do you prefer to visit somewhere off the beaten track or a city?
- What is your favourite season to travel in and why?
- Why did you start your travel blog? (we love hearing other people’s stories!)
Thanks again Helen, for the nomination. And thank you to all you lovely lot for continuing to read this little blog of ours!